Thursday, May 29, 2008

Do you know how to donate bone marrow?

In my excess of time I ran across another Zurich expat's blog which led me to another blog called "Baldy's Blog," written by Adrian Sudbury from the UK. Adrian is suffering from a very deadly form of leukemia and only has a few weeks left to live. He is making it his legacy to educate others on how to become bone marrow donors, seeing as though bone marrow donation is oftentimes misunderstood and is this best chance of hope for those diagnosed with leukemia and approximately 70 other diseases.

I found his latest post and video to be very informative - as I, too, thought you had to have some painful operation that included boring into your bones or spine to collect the marrow - not so. So I wanted to do my part and pass this on... perhaps I'll look into donation, too.

No comments:

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory