Sunday, May 18, 2008

Donating to a good cause with Network for Good

With all of the natural disasters occurring as of late, especially Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar and most recently the earthquake in China's Sichuan Province, I thought it was important to help out however I could. So naturally, I went to the web... and found some great resources that I wanted to share.

I found a lot of great information on who to donate to for crisis relief efforts on the Network for Good: Crisis Relief site. I found Network for Good through their partnership with Charity Navigator, a charity search engine with unparalleled comparison and research capabilities. It allows you to search thousands of charities and find one that works for you and find those that do the most with the donations they receive (look for the four star charities). Really impressive site.

Once you find a charity you'd like to support, the actual donation happens on the Network for Good site. It's really easy to use, so I won't go through the motions for you. What's great is that you can even set up regular donations and they'll send you a summary come tax time. I learned through the site as well that it's better to donate online as it's cheapest way for the charities to receive donations (checks cost money to cash... for example). Please click here if you'd like to donate to Action Against Hunger, the charity I chose.

No comments:

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory