Monday, May 12, 2008

Ode to Urdorf, Switzerland

Oh Urdorf, you little village you
So small yet pleasant with skies of blue
Houses tucked amongst the farmers' land
Children run safely by hand and hand
With all one needs within a small walk
Grocery, post, bakery, and more just down the block
Only 10 minutes to Zürich on the bus or train,
Pretty in sun, sleet, wind or rain.
Oh Urdorf, our little village, I now understand
Why you're the best kept secret in all of Switzerland.

The path on the way to Urdorf's center

The view of the hill over the fields in Urdorf

Our local driving range, close to our new apartment

Believe it or not, this is a 'pick your own flowers' stand - tulips are in season now.

Urdorf's cute little fire station. I love the red.

... so... I like it here, can you tell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess - it looks absolutely lovely - makes me want to jump on a plane.

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory