Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's a Cornicopia for you! :)

So it is that time of year again... Thanksgiving! I hope everyone enjoys their turkey and spending time with family. That is probably what I miss the most about Thanksgiving - that and Grandma's butterscotch cheesecake bars. Yummmm... We will be having a turkey with some friends on Sunday, so don't worry. I will get my tryptophan fix!

I thought I would celebrate by creating a list of things that I am thankful for, with a Swiss focus... so here goes.

1. Chocolate. Ahh, what a wonderful world it is when you can try a different type of chocolate everyday for a year without eating the same one twice. Perhaps that should be my New Year's resolution?

2. The great Swiss outdoors. Switzerland is so beautiful. I do not think I could tire of the picturesque landscapes, the green hills and valleys, the awe-insiring mountains (just don't ask me to climb them...), and the lakes and rivers that snake through Switzerland's cities.

3. My husband, because he is going to wake up with me at 6 am on every Sunday in January to take part in the Zürich International Ski Club lessons at Flumserberg... we will be snowboarding and I will be loving every minute of it, and I am glad that Jace has decided to come along for the ride. I can't wait! Perhaps I should have put him as number 1, eh? :)

4. Visitors. We have never had so many visitors as we have had in Switzerland so far. For some reason Boston just didn't have the pull that Zürich does and Perth was just too far away. I am grateful for all the visitors we have had and look forward to many to come! Sign up here. (just kidding... no really, sign up, we book out fast... ;) Thanks so far to Sarah, Becca, Emily, Mom, Nate, Peter and Connie, and anyone else I may have forgotten!

5. Just getting here. We always wanted to live in Europe and we did it. We are here living the dream. I am thankful for all the hard work and that it paid off... and I hope we have a great experience... so far, so good. :)

6. Finally, thanks to all of you for reading the blog and taking part in our adventure. I love the comments and the emails, so keep them coming! I also love reading your blogs and stories and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

N said...

No, thank you for writing this wonderful blog:)

Unknown said...

I love your 'thankful' list. Skiing lessons in January sound awesome. What a great idea! My list would be similar - it was hard work getting here, but we made it and love it too. Switzerland IS truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I think your husband should be first on your list....

Z said...

I'll second you on most of those points (can't vouch for your partner there in item 3 :-).

Thanks for commenting on my Villigen blog. Hope to see you from time to time.

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory