Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2009!

Another year is coming to an end... 2008 was a good year for us.

We have accomplished a lot - most importantly we fulfilled our dream to work and live in Europe and we are really doing our best to make the most of this opportunity. If you don't believe me, perhaps you should have a look at the blog posts over the last few months...


We have Jace's Mum visiting at the moment, so perhaps if everyone is feeling up to it we might be out and about at the Zürich fireworks this evening, then over the weekend we have a small fieldtrip which I am sure I will report on in the New Year.


Until then, as my colleagues at work say, 'Ich wünsch euch einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!' meaning 'I wish you a good slide into the New Year.'

I had never heard that before, but perhaps before I wasn't paying attention... whenever I read that line in emails I imagine all of us on a big water slide, sliding into a pool with a big sign overhead that reads 'Happy 2009!' above it. Something like this perhaps:


Image and info found on swissmiss blog...
and if you think this slide in Abtwil isn't on my list
of things to do in 2009, you'd better think again...


So... 'Rutscht gut rüber........' meaning 'Slide over well!'

Frohes Neues Jahr!!! Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

N said...

Happy New Year! All the best for 2009.

Unknown said...

I think I'd love to find out where that slide is also and go on my next visit back! And the fireworks do sound exciting. I'm guessing I know where to go on flickr to find some photos of the evening and now I'm off to see if we have any close fireworks also...

Wishing you both a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Fullfilling a dream is the best feeling ever, isn´t it!

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory