Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back from the US of A

Did you miss me?! I missed you all, and although I am suffering from some good old jet lag at the moment, having issues typing let alone putting together sentences, I thought I would just write a quick 'hello' nonetheless.

I made it - back in Urdorf safe and sound, with a few more pounds and a lot more baggage, both physically and emotionally. It is always hard to go back home - briefly seeing the friends and family you miss, the lifestyle you know that was once so familiar, that you grew up with, now serving as a momentary holiday. But I am glad I went back. It was a great trip, and this week I will highlight some of the highlights of an expat's return to her homeland... so stay tuned. And expect a lot of headshots until I get this pancake, donut, hot fudge sundae with moosetracks and magic shell, 5123 glasses of iced tea, spare ribs with cornbread and a side of creamed corn poundage worked off. It may take awhile, but I've got some new hiking shoes that just might do the trick. ;)
---
This is an essential and the latest edition is due out in July. Pre-Order your copy today! Living and Working in Switzerland, 12th Edition: A Survival Handbook
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

N said...

Hi, I left you a present on my blog:)

Habebi said...

Good to hear you made it home safe and sound.

Kerrin @ MyKugelhopf said...

Welcome back ! Ooof, I'm full just thinking about all you enjoyed - and full thinking about all that I will enjoy on my next trip back to the see the fam too ! ;)

Unknown said...

hey - I ended up with new shoes too on my trip!

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory